The holidays will be here soon enough and the last thing you need to worry about is cleaning your home in preparation for decorating , holiday dinners and guests dropping by. That’s why it is a good idea to get a head start on the cleaning and organizing around the house now. There is much to be done with shopping, decorating and cooking meals during the holiday season. If your surroundings are clean, uncluttered and organized, it will be less stressful and much more enjoyable for you and your family.
Here is a simple checklist to follow:
- Start Early-begin cleaning early so you can break things down into smaller tasks. This will also leave more time for the longer projects like wrapping presents, cooking, baking and polishing the silver.
- Make Lists-No one can remember everything! Make lists for tasks and chores around the house or errands to be run. This will keep you on track with your schedule.
- Divide Cleaning-Set aside a fixed time each day and tackle a room or area to clean, like right after your morning coffee or after dinner. You will be amazed at how much you can check off your list in under an hour.
- Spot Cleaning-take shortcuts when cleaning certain areas when you don’t have a large block of time to do a thorough cleaning. This will tide you over till you can get to it again.
- Simplify-instead of cleaning around the clutter-throw it out! This is a good opportunity to de-clutter your rooms and donate or throw out items you no longer use.
- Enlist Help-Dividing chores around the house gets the entire family involved and also cuts the time in half for cleaning. Setting aside a specific time each week, like a Saturday morning when the kids are home and they can dust rooms and help tidy up the house.
Home Services Enterprise can assist with cleaning and organizing your home for the holiday season. Visit our website at www.homeservicesenterprise.com to schedule a cleaning with us.