In our modern work, time is becoming more and more of a scarce commodity. It seems like the more “time saving” products, tools,appliances and items we amass, the less time we have. Why is that? Well, the blame could be laid at the feet of more than one issue here, but we’d like to tackle the obvious elephant in the room.
Amassing more and more stuff has never saved time! Each new possession has to have a place, a time to be used, and it can all become overwhelming rather quickly. So what’s our solution to this modern-day woe? Appropriate, simplistic organization!
How To Organize: The Basics
First off, be sure to:
- Enlist the help of all occupants.Whether it be family, roommates, tenants; organization is worthless unless everyone is on the same page.
- Make a plan.Organize your organization effort! Put the plan to paper and display it somewhere where everyone can clearly see, reference and follow it.
- Tackle the big stuff.Don’t do the small things first and waste your strongest effort on the piddly Losing steam before the biggest messes are addressed can be demoralizing, and doesn’t get you very far.
Organizing Tips: How To Maximize Space and Time Saving
So now everyone is on board, and you’re ready to build that plan. But how do you go about it?
- More than half of the modern homes that exist today hold onto tools, appliances, clothing and items that they haven’t even used in years. Get rid of it! These all contribute to stress-inducing clutter. As a general rule, if you haven’t needed it for two years, you don’t need it.
- For items that are rarely used, or hold purely sentimental value, get a storage unit to relocate them. Out of sight, out of mind, but still available!
- Needed documents should be relocated to an alphabetical filing cabinet or a series of desk-bound drawers that have an alphabetical catalog.
- Use dual furniture.Running out of floor space and feeling cramped? Look for dual furniture that functions as storage, such as a hideaway ottoman for electronics, or fold-out shelving.
Professional Organization With Home Services Enterprise in Maryland
Need that professional touch to get the organization you need? Contact our professionals for the best cleaning and organizing services in Rockville!