Are you and your family getting ready to head out of the Rockville area for a vacation or road trip? Sometimes we get so focused on where we’re going, we forget to prepare for our inevitable return home.
Tidying up the house before you leave will create one less thing to take care of upon your return. Here are just a few things you can do to prepare for a happy homecoming:
- It’s always a good idea to pick up any clutter throughout your home and straighten up each room.
- Freshen up the bathrooms and wash any clothes sitting in the hampers.
- Clean out your cabinets and fridge of any leftover food and throw out any produce that will not keep.
- Check on your bills’ due dates and pay any that are scheduled to be paid while you are away.
- Don’t forget to arrange for stop and start on any newspapers and mail that you have delivered during your time away.
- And perhaps most importantly, empty all trash cans throughout the house to avoid lingering odors.
Hiring a house sitter can also provide peace of mind. Knowing that someone will be there to keep an eye on your vacant house is one less worry. They can bring in the mail, set out the trash, and turn on any lights inside at various times while you are away. House sitters can also take care of any pets that you are not able to bring with you on vacation. Either way, it’s always a good idea to have your veterinarian’s contact information nearby in case of an emergency.
Home Service Enterprises can come in and spiffy up your home while you are away so that things will be fresh and clean when you return. With a little planning and organization you can rest assured that your home is well taken care of in your absence. Relax, smile and have a great trip!