Getting rooms organized for home and office the possibilities can be endless for storage solutions. By now, the spring cleaning is underway and you have cleared out some of the unwanted items in your rooms. Now is a good time to think about all the options available for storage solutions for your home.
The best way to determine how to store the items you are keeping is to focus on the room and its function. Will the room be a private retreat, like a bedroom or office or will it be used for socializing with family and friends, like the kitchen or family room. Shopping for storage items can be daunting because you will encounter endless aisles of containers, large and small. In an existing home getting creative with the space you already have is the best solution.
All different types of storage ideas are available and can solve most storage problems:
- Select the right furnishings – when picking out furniture for a room take into consideration the unused space in the room. If you do not layout the room properly you can end up with an overcrowded room and too much furniture. Selecting coffee tables, end tables and foot stools with pull out storage drawers are all good choices for smaller rooms and add extra hidden storage.
- Layout the room wisely – when choosing furnishings for particular rooms take into account the size of the room and how much storage you will need. Since bedrooms tend to accumulate most of our possessions we have the biggest shortages of space. Utilize the storage space underneath the bed with long storage containers for clothing and shoes. Using storage bins in your closet, where space can be limited, will help keep clothing and accessories organized.
- Dual purpose furniture – in the kitchen area using storage bins in the pantry and underneath the kitchen island will help keep cooking items orderly. Use kitchen drawers with dividers for all kinds of items such as cookbooks, cookie sheets and platters to help conceal some of the larger cookware items.
Getting creative with existing space and taking advantage of the many clever storage solutions will give you functionality and tidiness in your home.
Home Services Enterprise can set up a cleaning call 301-674-9564.
Glorious spring with the March winds breezing in to refresh and renew us. Refreshing our lives can be as simple as spring cleaning our homes and throwing out some unwanted things that add clutter to our environment. Why is de-cluttering your life so important? When we are bogged down with too many “things”, we may start to feel like we are losing control of our environment. A good de-cluttering will make you feel accomplished because it will open up your living space. This in turn makes you feel as if your environment is clean and free of junk. The easiest way to get rid of clutter is to just give it away! For most people starting in either the bedroom or kitchen is a good starting point, and after you have accomplished that, you can move to different areas in your home:
- Bedroom – Changing seasons, changing clothes. Go through your closets, try on any clothes you haven’t worn lately and give it away. This includes clothing, handbags, shoes and accessories. With a clearer space you can now clean and organize your closets.
- Kitchen – Start with your refrigerator, clear and throw out any old or dated food items. Wash shelving and drawers with warm soapy water to clean.
- Pantry – Clear out the pantry and go through all food items for expiration dates and throw out. Any other food items that you will not use, donate to a soup kitchen or local shelter.
- Basement – Basements can accumulate the most clutter simply because of the storage space. If you don’t know what to do with a particular item, usually it gets stored in the basement! Go through these items and hold an estate sale or give away anything you won’t be using and takes up space.
- Garage – Garages can also be a place of accumulating “things”. Sort through these items and either throw them out or donate anything you will not be using in the near future.
Starting with a couple rooms will make a big difference and open up your living space. Your house will feel airier and the breezes of spring will sweep through and freshen up your home.
“Home Services Enterprise” – “Why A Clean Work Space? ” Village Connector 7/17/11
Trouble concentrating? Not as productive as you want to be? Home Services Enterprise recommends taking a look at your desk. Employees who keep their office desk and work space tidy and organized and who work in a clean environment are much more efficient than those who are surrounded by clutter and an unclean environment.
Home Services Enterprise specializes in both residential and commercial maid services. We provide services for professional cleaning that our Metro area residential and commercial building owners can trust and depend on. Whether it’s a one time service for getting your home or office back in order, or regularly scheduled weekly maid services. We at Home Services Enterprise can work around your busy schedule and handle all your office cleaning needs!
It has been proven that cluttering our lives is a mechanism we use to distract our brain by encouraging procrastination. The brain requires a clean healthy environment to be able to tackle the abundant tasks that fill your day. Home Services Enterprise believes that when you focus on how accomplished you will feel when you are able to be 100% productive and efficient in a clean well organized environment and are worthy of a raise or promotion!
It is a grim reality that most offices are breeding grounds for germs and bacteria. When people are grouped together, often in close proximity, germs are easily spread and bacteria can readily grow. There are many possibilities for germs and bacteria to be transferred and spread across the office environment. Whether it’s an unclean office area, desktops, keyboards and telephones not regularly cleaned, trash overflowing from wastebaskets, unvacuumed carpets and unsanitary restrooms. We at Home Services Enterprise believe that all these factors contribute to an unclean and unhealthy work environment that business owners must address in order to avoid staff becoming ill and unfit for work both mentally and physically.
Businesses that value and take pride in a clean hygienic office environment contract professionals like Home Services Enterprise to do their cleaning and maintain their premises to the highest of standards. We are locally owned and operated business that understands the importance of our reputation built on our client’s satisfaction. Our maid services create a fresh, tranquil and calming environment within even the most hectic of office spaces. We can restore order and cleanliness to any office area!
Our Commercial cleaning services include:
- Dusting surface areas
- Under surfaces of furniture and baseboards
- Window cleaning
- Clutter elimination
- Hand washing hard surface flooring
- Sanitary bathroom practices
Call Home Services Enterprise today for all your office cleaning needs at (301) 774-0270. We service the Metropolitan area including DC, Rockville, Bethesda, Gaithersburg and surrounding areas.