Tips for Combating Spring Allergies
Springtime is the season of renewal… with flowers blooming and spring rains here to help things grow. Of course, that also means that the trees, flowers, weeds, and grass that are blossoming spread pollen throughout the air – which makes springtime the height of allergy season for many people who suffer from seasonal allergies. Often times, along with the rains making everything green outside, we are also renewing our homes inside with spring cleaning. This has the potential to bring out dust mites, and may cause some allergies to worsen.
With all of these factors in mind, here are some tips to help reduce allergens in your home:
Clean Air in Your Home
Keeping your indoor air clean is important so that you don’t allow more pollen to seep in through doors and windows. Keeping windows and doors closed as much as possible will help reduce the pollen inside, and the air you are breathing will be cleaner air. Be sure to change filters in air conditioning units and vents frequently.
Cleaning Rugs and Carpets
Area rugs can be washed once a week, and this will help remove any pollen brought in from outside. For the wall to wall carpeting, professional steam cleaning is best to have done mid-season. This will help to remove pollen tracked in from outside. It’s also a good idea to wash bedding once a week in hot water to remove any allergens.
Clean Surfaces in Your Home
Hiring a professional cleaning service to come in and clean, dust, and vacuum all the surfaces in your home will not only create an inviting space, it will also greatly reduce allergens. This will help keep all your surfaces that you touch on a daily basis free from dust, allergens, and pollen build-up.
Remember to follow these simple tips during spring and summer seasons to help reduce your pollen levels and any other type of allergens that are present during these months. You will be breathing a little easier! To schedule a cleaning with us, please visit our website: www.homeservicesenterprise.com
Allergy season can be tough, and people try all kinds of things to keep their allergies to a minimum, from taking medicine to staying inside. Unfortunately, staying inside your home during allergy season will not necessarily limit your exposure to allergens.
All types of allergens, such as dust, mold, mildew, and pet dander can be a bothersome issue inside your home year-round. Whether you or your family members have indoor allergies, outdoor allergies, or no allergies, everyone will benefit from having all of the indoor vents and air ducts cleaned. There are air vents and ducts in every room in our households, but we sometimes forget about them and often overlook cleaning them. They tend to attract all kinds of household debris that is neatly hidden behind a cover, including allergens such as dust, mold, and mildew – and even pet dander.
Here is a checklist on what to look for when considering having your air vents and ducts cleaned:
- If the components of the heating and cooling system have any visible mold, or if surfaces of ducts have visible mold and mildew on them
- If the inside of the ducts are clogged with debris, dust, and/or mold
- If debris and/or dust is released through the heating and a/c system registers
If you do see any sort of visible mold, mildew, or dust on any of your air vents, ducts, or even overhead fans throughout your home, it is strongly recommended that you remove all mildew and dust to prevent allergens from entering the air you breathe. Alternatively, you can have Home Services Enterprise come in and professionally clean for you. Having your air ducts cleaned may also require an air conditioning and heating service technician to come into your home and professionally clean out the air ducts for you.
Keeping the all of the vents in your home clean is crucial for reducing allergens in the air that you breathe each and every day. If you or any of your family members suffer from any type of allergies, keeping your home dust-free is an important step in maintaining a healthy, symptom-free lifestyle.
It’s time for spring cleaning! This may bring memories of watching our mothers or grandmothers taking all of the rugs outside, throwing them over a clothesline, and beating them with a broom. There was a very good reason for this annual ritual. It was time to clean and literally beat out all of the dust, allergens, and dirt that got trapped in the carpets throughout our homes during the winter. They would tie rags to brooms and wash down the walls. Screens would be removed, hosed down with water, and put back on newly scrubbed window panes.
The good news is that today, it’s much easier to remove dust, dirt, and allergens from our homes. We have disposable wipes, vacuum cleaners, and even professional cleaning services to clean and freshen up our homes for spring!
For anyone who suffers from allergies or asthma, a thorough spring cleaning is essential for keeping the air in your living environment as healthy as possible. Regular cleaning is necessary to reduce allergens and asthma triggers in any household. Of course, we also need to be careful to use cleaning products that won’t trigger a wheezing or coughing fit. Anyone prone to allergies and asthma must always choose their cleaning products carefully.
Here are some good spring cleaning tips to follow:
- Carpets: Always vacuum thoroughly and often. If not daily, then at least once a week.
- Curtains: Remove and wash if possible, or vacuum. Curtains are dust traps and often overlooked when cleaning. If soiled, remove them and take to professional cleaners.
- Walls: Use a dampened dust mop and wipe walls down, from top to bottom.
- Ceilings: Vacuum with vacuum extensions or clean with a dampened mop.
- Throw Rugs: Vacuum or take them outside to shake out the dust daily or weekly.
- Windows: Clean inside and out. Be sure to remove the screens and clean them, as well.
- Linens: Include all bedding and pillows in your spring cleaning. Dust mites love to hide here. Try using dust-mite-proof covers for pillows and mattresses, and wash your linens weekly.
- Picture Frames: These can be big dust collectors. Wipe them down with a damp cloth all around the edges, and clean the glass with vinegar or your favorite glass cleaner.
- Nooks and Crannies: Clean out all of those hard to reach spots that collect hidden dust and dirt.
- Knick-Knacks: Go through the house and wipe them all down.
Always give a thorough cleaning in each of these areas of your home to help prevent any members of your household from suffering the effects of springtime allergies and asthma. A clean, fresh, and dust-free environment will go a long way towards keep everyone happy and healthy.
Little is more gorgeous than a Maryland spring. Our zone supports lovely foliage and plant life, beautiful sunlight streams in regularly, and all of our favorite nature companions come out to play. Unfortunately, not all of spring can be roses and buttercups. You know the thorn we’re talking about, right?
The itchy, sneezy nuisance called allergies also makes an appearance in our favorite season, as well. Fortunately for you, Home Services Enterprises knows a thing or two about keeping the worst of mother nature at bay!
Reducing Allergens In Your Home: A Brief Manual
The air quality of your home is dependent of a number of factors; most of which can easily be controlled by taking the right steps:
- Adequate humidity levels.When you hear the word humidity, it conjures up an unpleasant, sticky and hot feeling, right? Well, that’s not entirely the case, actually. Humidity in the home (specifically, relative humidity) plays a vital role in keeping both you and your home healthy. Experts state that you want to keep your home at between 30 and 50 percent relative humidity to reduce allergies, improve air quality, and preserve furniture. To do this, look into adding a whole home humidifier. You might look into a dehumidifier for balance, but usually air conditioners and furnaces serve this function just fine.
- Order in for a duct cleaning.The ductwork in your home is a hotbed for nasty dust, debris, pollen and pet dander. Have it professionally cleaned annually or biannually, and you’ll soon be breathing much, much easier.
- Dust and vacuum regularly.Particularly in the spring (and fall) months, be sure to go about these chores weekly to reduce buildup and keep your symptoms at a minimum.
- Avoid harmful chemicals.Many commercial cleaners do just fine at killing bacteria, but they can be killer on your sinuses as well. Pursue the use of organic cleaners or other alternatives to keep this particular culprit to a minimum.
- Order a carpet cleaning.Much like your ducts, carpets and rugs are a breeding ground for all of our worst allergens. Dander, dust and even mites can practically add a second layer to your fabrics. Have them professionally cleaned!
Superior Cleaning Services In Maryland With Home Services Enterprise
Need some assistance getting your home ready for the spring months? Our Rockville experts can bring you the professional touch your home craves!
April showers bring May flowers but in addition to the lovely spring flowers it also brings pollen and other allergens into our homes. If you and your family members suffer from seasonal allergies related to tree and flower pollens there are a few things you can do to help reduce the allergens in your home.
Spring cleaning is an annual ritual that began many years ago with the intention of clearing out the remains of winter’s soot and grime. For people who suffer from allergies or asthma, a thorough spring cleaning is essential in keeping the air healthy and clean in our living environment.
Removing allergens today is a much easier job with our many cleaning products available such as disposable wipes and mops or hiring a professional cleaning service to freshen up our homes for spring.
Good spring cleaning tips:
- Carpets & Floors – always vacuum thoroughly and often. Mop flooring if not daily then at least once a week.
- Curtains & throw rugs– wash if possible or vacuum thoroughly. Curtains and rugs are dust traps and should be cleaned daily or weekly.
- Windows – wash inside and out and also wash screens and window sills.
- Bed linens & towels – includes all bedding, pillow and towels. Wash weekly to remove build-up of dust and allergens. Encase in dust-mite proof covers to eliminate the threat of dust mites inside the bedding.
- Nooks & crannies – the out of sight areas in your home that are hard to reach and collect hidden dust and dirt. Also, be certain to dust and spray down the knick-knacks in your home which can also hide dust build up.
A clean dust free environment will help reduce the allergens in your home and keep your family safe and healthy.
Call Home Services Enterprise today for spring cleaning or daily and weekly cleanings: 301-674-9564.
If you suffer from seasonal allergies avoiding the outside and staying indoors presents its own set of dangers inside your home. If you have pets, there may be animal dander, mold and mildew which can cause sneezing and coughing. House plants, draperies, bedding and carpets can also contain mold and dust mites causing swelling and itching. Sometimes the best way to combat the stale air inside your home is to let the fresh air in! Open the windows and doors, also using fans to keep the air circulating throughout your home.
The best way to prevent health problems and allergies is by reducing the allergens in your home:
- Check moisture in your home-one of the main contributors of allergens is moisture. High moisture levels can lead to mildew in your home. The best way to keep the air clean and dry is by using air conditioning and a dehumidifier in your home. Also remember to change the air filters in the furnace to keep the air clean and remove allergens.
- Clean curtains and carpets – curtains, upholstery and carpets can all collect dust and allergens over time. Vacuuming regularly and having them professionally cleaned to remove dirt and dust will cut back on the allergens and keep your furniture and carpets smelling fresher. If the carpeting is the main source of your allergens removing it and installing tile or wood floors will eliminate the allergens lurking in your carpets.
- Cleaning Solutions – many times the fumes and odors from over-the-counter cleaning products can often cause breathing problems to allergy sufferers. An option would be to go green using natural and organic products or to make your own out of vinegar, baking soda and hot water. This will neutralize various allergens, clean the air and is better for the environment.
Home Services Enterprise uses all green cleaning products to keep the air in your home fresh and the environment clean. Call us today for a cleaning:www.homeservicesenterprise.com
Home is where the heart is. Taking a breath of fresh air in your home may not be as easy as it sounds though. Sometimes the air quality in your home can feel stuffy and stagnant making for an unhealthy living environment for you and your family. What contributes to this unhealthy air are the chemicals we inhale from carpets, draperies, furniture, paints, fabrics and other items in our homes that collect dust, dirt and mildew. Spring time and its warm, sunny days may be the best season to freshen the air inside your home.
Four tips to freshen your home:
- Clean your vents – dusting and cleaning out your vents will eliminate the dust and dirt accumulating inside and the air that circulates around your home. This will also help with any allergies/asthma your family may suffer from. You can also hire a professional duct cleaner to do a professional cleaning.
- Dust and vacuum – thoroughly dust all surfaces in your home, such as window sills, window treatments, baseboards, ceilings and ceiling fans. Don’t forget to dust off any household plants and their leaves which can cause a buildup of dust and dirt. Vacuuming with the brush attachment allows you to reach those hard to reach areas where dust normally accumulates.
- Clean bedding and blankets – cleaning, washing and airing out the bedding is especially important if your family suffers from allergies and asthma. Sheets should be washed weekly and blanket and pet bedding should be washed regularly too.
- Open the windows – opening a window on each side of your home and letting a breeze blow in some fresh air will help clear out the stagnant air in your home. You can even leave the windows open when you sleep to air out the house at night as long as your allergies can handle it. You will awaken to fresher smelling air in your home!
Home Services Enterprise can swoop in today, bringing the fresh season of spring inside your home. Call us to schedule a cleaning 301-774-0270 or visit our website: www.homeservicesenterprise.com
How often have you spent your Saturday morning trying to catch up on housework and not having the freedom to spend quality time with your family or get together with your friends? Whether you work full-time or part-time, have a large family or a small one, keeping a house clean and tidy is never an easy job for anyone. Most people tackle the main rooms in the house first and may not have time to clean upstairs in the bedrooms, leaving half of the house messy. If you have been considering hiring a cleaning service, there are some factors to take into consideration which may help your decision.
Four points to consider when hiring a cleaning service:
- Benefits of a cleaning service – when you have a regular cleaning service you don’t have to worry about doing it yourself, you can learn to relax in your home and enjoy your life. It will leave more free time for relaxing, exercising and spending quality time with family and friends.
- Cost of a cleaning service – hiring a regular cleaning service can be as flexible as you need to fit into your family’s budget. Whether you hire them monthly or weekly, you can control how much you want your house maintained and schedule cleanings accordingly.
- Productivity – having a regular cleaning service allows you to be more productive in your home. You will be more organized and know where everything is. You won’t have to stop what you are doing to clean up or move things around in order to begin a task or project. This is especially true for people who are self-employed and work from home.
- Inspiration – when your home is consistently clean it inspires you to keep it that way. A clean and tidy house gives you a feeling of order in your life and your environment.
Living in an untidy house can cause health problems including anxiety over lost keys, glasses and other items with also a buildup of dirt and dust which causes allergies. Having a clean and organized home eliminates stress in our lives and a healthier household. To schedule a cleaning visit our website: www.homeservicesenterprise.com