Little is more gorgeous than a Maryland spring. Our zone supports lovely foliage and plant life, beautiful sunlight streams in regularly, and all of our favorite nature companions come out to play. Unfortunately, not all of spring can be roses and buttercups. You know the thorn we’re talking about, right?
The itchy, sneezy nuisance called allergies also makes an appearance in our favorite season, as well. Fortunately for you, Home Services Enterprises knows a thing or two about keeping the worst of mother nature at bay!
Reducing Allergens In Your Home: A Brief Manual
The air quality of your home is dependent of a number of factors; most of which can easily be controlled by taking the right steps:
- Adequate humidity levels.When you hear the word humidity, it conjures up an unpleasant, sticky and hot feeling, right? Well, that’s not entirely the case, actually. Humidity in the home (specifically, relative humidity) plays a vital role in keeping both you and your home healthy. Experts state that you want to keep your home at between 30 and 50 percent relative humidity to reduce allergies, improve air quality, and preserve furniture. To do this, look into adding a whole home humidifier. You might look into a dehumidifier for balance, but usually air conditioners and furnaces serve this function just fine.
- Order in for a duct cleaning.The ductwork in your home is a hotbed for nasty dust, debris, pollen and pet dander. Have it professionally cleaned annually or biannually, and you’ll soon be breathing much, much easier.
- Dust and vacuum regularly.Particularly in the spring (and fall) months, be sure to go about these chores weekly to reduce buildup and keep your symptoms at a minimum.
- Avoid harmful chemicals.Many commercial cleaners do just fine at killing bacteria, but they can be killer on your sinuses as well. Pursue the use of organic cleaners or other alternatives to keep this particular culprit to a minimum.
- Order a carpet cleaning.Much like your ducts, carpets and rugs are a breeding ground for all of our worst allergens. Dander, dust and even mites can practically add a second layer to your fabrics. Have them professionally cleaned!
Superior Cleaning Services In Maryland With Home Services Enterprise
Need some assistance getting your home ready for the spring months? Our Rockville experts can bring you the professional touch your home craves!
Now that the New Year is upon us it’s time to get organized. Start by picking a room – any room! Decide which room in your home you would like to start in and get to work. Once you have settled on the room you want to organize, it’s time to clear out all your stuff.
Most of us are guilty of acquiring too much stuff. We are a society of stuff. We all have an excess of too much whether it’s clothing, gadgets, furniture, toys etc. Sometimes we may not even realize how much we have until we start to go through it and organize it. How many times have you come across an article of clothing, a book or movie and forgot you had this?
Allow yourself small increments of time to work on a room so you don’t get overwhelmed, bored or walk away. Giving yourself an hour at a time will break up the task and help with the monotony. You would be surprised how much you can accomplish an hour a day once you set your mind to it.
Start by sorting through all the things in each room picking one item at a time, and start dumping. If you come across any items you would like to donate, now is the time to do it. Designate a bag to give away and whatever you decide to keep, just put aside to another part of the room.
Once you have managed to go through and dump what you want gone, you can now start organizing and putting things back where you want them. You will have less clutter to deal with and more room to keep things clean and organized. Be careful not to put anything else in this room you do not want because this is how we accumulate unwanted stuff in the first place!
Home Services Enterprise can help with all your cleaning and organizing needs. Call today to schedule a cleaning: 301-674-9564.
Do you find yourself festive or frazzled during the holiday season? The answer for most may be a little of both. Decorating your home with everything else on your list may be overwhelming but it helps combat the holiday blues and get you into the holiday spirit!
Along with planning, decorating, baking and shopping for gifts, we also have the added burden of cleaning, organizing and decorating our homes in preparation for the holidays. Staying organized and cleaning up each day will help keep you on top of your household chores. It will also make decorating simpler in a tidier home once the clutter is manageable.
Look around your house and tackle the areas that need the most attention while de-cluttering and making room for your holiday decorations. Now is the time to throw out or give away to the needy what you no longer have use for. What better time of year to help out the less fortunate than the holiday season.
Once your rooms are clean and tidy, now comes the fun part – decorating your home! The idea is to have fun and express your own style. Decorate the outside of your home with a festive wreath for your front door and some holiday lighting. Once inside make your entryway warm and inviting for your guests with some fresh greenery and holiday decorations. Freshen up your dining area by organizing with festive dishes, utensils and linens that are ready for use while entertaining. Light some scented candles of pine and holly adding warmth and holiday cheer to your home.
Call Home Services Enterprises today to assist you with all your organizing and cleaning needs 301 674-9564.
The holidays will be here soon enough and the last thing you need to worry about is cleaning your home in preparation for decorating, holiday dinners, family visiting and guests dropping by. That’s why it is a good idea to get a head start on the cleaning and organizing around the house now. There is much to be done with shopping, baking, and cooking meals during the holiday season. If your surroundings are clean, uncluttered and organized, it will be less stressful and more enjoyable for you and your family.
Making a simple checklist to follow will be helpful :
- Start early – begin cleaning early so you can separate your duties into smaller more manageable tasks. This will leave more time for longer projects such as shopping wrapping presents, cooking, baking and visiting.
- Make lists – no one can remember everything! Make lists for tasks and chores around the house or errands to be run. This will keep you on track with your schedule and avoid any last minute rushing around.
- Divide cleaning – set aside a fixed time each day to tackle a room or area to clean, like right after your morning coffee or after dinner. You will be surprised how much you can check off your list in under an hour.
- Simplify – instead of cleaning around the clutter or moving it around-throw it out instead! This is a good opportunity to declutter your rooms and donate to the needy especially during the holiday season.
- Spot cleaning – take shortcuts when cleaning certain areas when you don’t have a large block of time to do a thorough cleaning. This will tide you over till you can get to it again.
- Enlist help – dividing the chores around the house gets the entire family involved and cuts the cleaning time in half. Set aside a specific time each week, like a Saturday morning when everyone is available to help tidy up the house.
Home Services Enterprise can assist with all your cleaning and organizing needs for the upcoming holiday season. Call us today: 301-674-9564.
The busiest time of year is fast approaching and now is time to get a head start on the two rooms that get the most traffic and use in your home. With the holidays around the corner you will want to start sprucing up your kitchen which is the “heart” of every home. It is the gathering place where families connect and catch-up with each other enjoying good food and good company. Bathrooms are the “soul” of the home where we go to freshen up and groom ourselves getting ready for the day ahead.
Quick tips for sprucing up your kitchen:
- A fresh coat of paint on walls and baseboards will make your kitchen look like new again
- Purchase new throw rugs give your flooring a new look
- Clear and wipe down drawers and cabinets with cleaner
- Wipe down countertop appliances restoring shine
- Clean out and wipe down shelving in refrigerator
- Pull out your refrigerator and clean behind it
- Set your oven for a good cleaning
- Run your dishwasher with vinegar to freshen up any lingering odors
- Throw out old food and cans in pantry
Quick sanitizing tips for your Bath:
- Freshen up the walls with a new coat of paint
- Clear out drawers and replace with fresh liners
- Wipe down countertops and counters restoring shine
- Clean tile with good mildew cleaner to remove stains
- Purchase new throw rugs for flooring
- Freshen up shower with a new shower curtain
- Throw out old hygiene ad beauty products
These quick tips will sanitize and freshen up your home just in time for the busy holiday season ahead. You will be ready for family and friends knowing your home is clean and organized!
Call Home Services Enterprise today to schedule a cleaning: 301-674-9564
Are you and your family getting ready to head out on a vacation or road trip? Preparing your home for summer vacation is no easy task when there are so many things to consider. Here are some things you can do ahead of time to prepare for a happy homecoming when you return.
Tidying and organizing your home before you leave can be one less thing to take care of upon your return. The last thing you want to have happen is to return to a messy home with things out of order. It is a good idea to pick up the clutter throughout your home and straighten up each room. Freshen up the bathrooms and wash any clothing sitting in the hampers.
It is also a good idea to clean out your cabinets and fridge of any leftover food and throw out fruits and vegetables that will not keep. Be certain to empty out all the trash cans throughout the home to avoid lingering odors.
Making arrangements ahead of time for pet sitters or house sitters may well be worth the peace of mind knowing someone will be there keeping an eye out on your vacant home and taking care of your pets. Be certain to leave the number for the veterinarian just in case of emergency. They can also collect your mail, set out your trash and turn on any lights for you during the night hours.
Check on your bill due dates and pay anything that is coming due. Don’t forget to arrange for a stop delivery on mail or newspapers if you do not have a house sitter. Be certain to alert a neighbor that you will be away for a certain amount of time so they can keep a watch out for your home.
Home Services Corporation can come in and spiffy up your home while you are away so things will be fresh and clean upon your arrival! Contact us at 301-674-9564.
Getting rooms organized for home and office the possibilities can be endless for storage solutions. By now, the spring cleaning is underway and you have cleared out some of the unwanted items in your rooms. Now is a good time to think about all the options available for storage solutions for your home.
The best way to determine how to store the items you are keeping is to focus on the room and its function. Will the room be a private retreat, like a bedroom or office or will it be used for socializing with family and friends, like the kitchen or family room. Shopping for storage items can be daunting because you will encounter endless aisles of containers, large and small. In an existing home getting creative with the space you already have is the best solution.
All different types of storage ideas are available and can solve most storage problems:
- Select the right furnishings – when picking out furniture for a room take into consideration the unused space in the room. If you do not layout the room properly you can end up with an overcrowded room and too much furniture. Selecting coffee tables, end tables and foot stools with pull out storage drawers are all good choices for smaller rooms and add extra hidden storage.
- Layout the room wisely – when choosing furnishings for particular rooms take into account the size of the room and how much storage you will need. Since bedrooms tend to accumulate most of our possessions we have the biggest shortages of space. Utilize the storage space underneath the bed with long storage containers for clothing and shoes. Using storage bins in your closet, where space can be limited, will help keep clothing and accessories organized.
- Dual purpose furniture – in the kitchen area using storage bins in the pantry and underneath the kitchen island will help keep cooking items orderly. Use kitchen drawers with dividers for all kinds of items such as cookbooks, cookie sheets and platters to help conceal some of the larger cookware items.
Getting creative with existing space and taking advantage of the many clever storage solutions will give you functionality and tidiness in your home.
Home Services Enterprise can set up a cleaning call 301-674-9564.