Allergy season can be tough, and people try all kinds of things to keep their allergies to a minimum, from taking medicine to staying inside. Unfortunately, staying inside your home during allergy season will not necessarily limit your exposure to allergens.
All types of allergens, such as dust, mold, mildew, and pet dander can be a bothersome issue inside your home year-round. Whether you or your family members have indoor allergies, outdoor allergies, or no allergies, everyone will benefit from having all of the indoor vents and air ducts cleaned. There are air vents and ducts in every room in our households, but we sometimes forget about them and often overlook cleaning them. They tend to attract all kinds of household debris that is neatly hidden behind a cover, including allergens such as dust, mold, and mildew – and even pet dander.
Here is a checklist on what to look for when considering having your air vents and ducts cleaned:
- If the components of the heating and cooling system have any visible mold, or if surfaces of ducts have visible mold and mildew on them
- If the inside of the ducts are clogged with debris, dust, and/or mold
- If debris and/or dust is released through the heating and a/c system registers
If you do see any sort of visible mold, mildew, or dust on any of your air vents, ducts, or even overhead fans throughout your home, it is strongly recommended that you remove all mildew and dust to prevent allergens from entering the air you breathe. Alternatively, you can have Home Services Enterprise come in and professionally clean for you. Having your air ducts cleaned may also require an air conditioning and heating service technician to come into your home and professionally clean out the air ducts for you.
Keeping the all of the vents in your home clean is crucial for reducing allergens in the air that you breathe each and every day. If you or any of your family members suffer from any type of allergies, keeping your home dust-free is an important step in maintaining a healthy, symptom-free lifestyle.
Everyone can always benefit from a clean, efficient, and organized work space – whether you’re a student trying to study for a test, or a work-at-home mom trying to run a business from home. As we head into spring, you may find that the clutter from the winter has begun to take over. From back-to-school shopping last September to the Holidays and beyond, now is a great time to clear out what’s no longer needed.
Our work spaces should always be a high priority when it comes to staying organized. Studies have shown that keeping an organized desk helps to boost productivity. When you start with a clear work surface, your mind opens up to the project at hand more easily, without being distracted by any other unfinished projects that may be lying around your office.
Where should you begin? The biggest trick is to not bite off more than you can chew. Start with a small area; even as small as one desk drawer. If that goes well and you have time to move on, tackle the next drawer or perhaps a shelf. You can always take on more if you finish a small section. Sticking with small sections allows you to reach completion on small projects in a short period of time, whereas trying to do a whole room at once can feel overwhelming.
If you simply do not have the time to go through and clean out, organize, and de-clutter your home or office, you can always hire an expert to come in and take care of that for you. Cleaning services and organizing experts are available to come in and assist you or even take care of the whole job for you.
We all tend to accumulate things throughout the year, and especially during the winter. The key is, are you getting rid of what’s no longer needed, or just pushing it into a corner of your office? Accumulating too many things leads to disorganization and chaos, which can have a negative effect on productivity. Get off to a good start this spring with a fresh, clean, and organized work area. You will be happier and healthier – and so will your family!
Now that the excitement of the holidays had settled, you may look around your home and find a bit of a disaster area. Whether you had holiday gatherings and house guests or traveled to see loved ones, the change in routine that the holidays bring can make it hard to keep things clean and organized.
Here are a few fun ways to get things back in order:
- Have a party. Organize cleaning parties with a small group of friends where you all agree to help clean each other’s houses. Choose whose house will be first, and make the cleaning process fun by having races, singing along to loud music, and enjoying the support of community.
- Take a vacation. If cleaning parties sound like the furthest thing from fun to you, hire a cleaning company (like us!) to come in while you’re on vacation and take care of everything for you, from laundry and dishes to organizing closets and paying your bills.
- Barter the broom. Another creative way to get your house clean is to barter with a friend or neighbor. Find something you love to share with others (cooking, for example) and barter for cleaning services – trade a few homemade casseroles for a clean house.
- Take it slow. If you’d rather clean things yourself but don’t have much time, remember that you don’t have to do it all at once. Try doing one room a day. Or start with dusting, and do the bathrooms another day and floors another. Taking small but consistent steps can get your house clean and keep you stress-free.
- Get the kids involved. Make it a family event where everyone pitches in. And to celebrate the teamwork, take each other out to the movies or dinner when you’re done. The best part is that you’ll come home to a nice, clean house!
No matter how you choose to clean house, the results are always worth it. We encourage you to have fun with the process, and to call us if there is anything we can do to help. We wish you a Happy, Clean, and Healthy New Year!
It’s that time of year again. December, filled with holidays, family gatherings, parties, and more as we head toward the New Year. Our calendars can get so full this time of year that keeping the house clean and organized can sometimes feel impossible.
Here are some tips to help you stay sane during this busy time of year:
- Clean Out the Paperwork: Those piles of bills and junk mail may not take up much room on the counter, but they can certainly add stress every time you see them. Dedicating just one hour to go through it all and at least get it organized can take a weight off of your shoulders.
- Get Ready for Guests: If you’ll be having guests stay with you at some point, it’s never too early to prepare a basket of fresh linens and bath towels. This way you won’t be rushing to get everything ready on the day they arrive.
- Double the Recipe: As you prepare meals and do your grocery shopping, you may want to go ahead and double your recipes. It takes about the same amount of time and work, but you end up with a freezer full of leftovers. These will come in very handy on those days when you get home late after school plays, get-togethers, and more.
- Tame the Tupperware: Speaking of leftovers, this is a great time to go through your Tupperware and match lids to containers. We inevitably end up with lids with no matching containers and vice versa. But until we identify which ones have no match, think of how many minutes are wasted looking for the lid that doesn’t exist! These minutes add up quickly, but it doesn’t take very long to go through and get rid of mismatched pieces.
Everyone here at Home Services Enterprise wishes you a joyful and stress-free holiday season. If there is anything we can do to help make things easier for you, from house cleaning and laundry to watering your plants while you’re away, don’t hesitate to give us a call at: 301.674.9564
Little is more gorgeous than a Maryland spring. Our zone supports lovely foliage and plant life, beautiful sunlight streams in regularly, and all of our favorite nature companions come out to play. Unfortunately, not all of spring can be roses and buttercups. You know the thorn we’re talking about, right?
The itchy, sneezy nuisance called allergies also makes an appearance in our favorite season, as well. Fortunately for you, Home Services Enterprises knows a thing or two about keeping the worst of mother nature at bay!
Reducing Allergens In Your Home: A Brief Manual
The air quality of your home is dependent of a number of factors; most of which can easily be controlled by taking the right steps:
- Adequate humidity levels.When you hear the word humidity, it conjures up an unpleasant, sticky and hot feeling, right? Well, that’s not entirely the case, actually. Humidity in the home (specifically, relative humidity) plays a vital role in keeping both you and your home healthy. Experts state that you want to keep your home at between 30 and 50 percent relative humidity to reduce allergies, improve air quality, and preserve furniture. To do this, look into adding a whole home humidifier. You might look into a dehumidifier for balance, but usually air conditioners and furnaces serve this function just fine.
- Order in for a duct cleaning.The ductwork in your home is a hotbed for nasty dust, debris, pollen and pet dander. Have it professionally cleaned annually or biannually, and you’ll soon be breathing much, much easier.
- Dust and vacuum regularly.Particularly in the spring (and fall) months, be sure to go about these chores weekly to reduce buildup and keep your symptoms at a minimum.
- Avoid harmful chemicals.Many commercial cleaners do just fine at killing bacteria, but they can be killer on your sinuses as well. Pursue the use of organic cleaners or other alternatives to keep this particular culprit to a minimum.
- Order a carpet cleaning.Much like your ducts, carpets and rugs are a breeding ground for all of our worst allergens. Dander, dust and even mites can practically add a second layer to your fabrics. Have them professionally cleaned!
Superior Cleaning Services In Maryland With Home Services Enterprise
Need some assistance getting your home ready for the spring months? Our Rockville experts can bring you the professional touch your home craves!
Now that the New Year is upon us it’s time to get organized. Start by picking a room – any room! Decide which room in your home you would like to start in and get to work. Once you have settled on the room you want to organize, it’s time to clear out all your stuff.
Most of us are guilty of acquiring too much stuff. We are a society of stuff. We all have an excess of too much whether it’s clothing, gadgets, furniture, toys etc. Sometimes we may not even realize how much we have until we start to go through it and organize it. How many times have you come across an article of clothing, a book or movie and forgot you had this?
Allow yourself small increments of time to work on a room so you don’t get overwhelmed, bored or walk away. Giving yourself an hour at a time will break up the task and help with the monotony. You would be surprised how much you can accomplish an hour a day once you set your mind to it.
Start by sorting through all the things in each room picking one item at a time, and start dumping. If you come across any items you would like to donate, now is the time to do it. Designate a bag to give away and whatever you decide to keep, just put aside to another part of the room.
Once you have managed to go through and dump what you want gone, you can now start organizing and putting things back where you want them. You will have less clutter to deal with and more room to keep things clean and organized. Be careful not to put anything else in this room you do not want because this is how we accumulate unwanted stuff in the first place!
Home Services Enterprise can help with all your cleaning and organizing needs. Call today to schedule a cleaning: 301-674-9564.
Do you find yourself festive or frazzled during the holiday season? The answer for most may be a little of both. Decorating your home with everything else on your list may be overwhelming but it helps combat the holiday blues and get you into the holiday spirit!
Along with planning, decorating, baking and shopping for gifts, we also have the added burden of cleaning, organizing and decorating our homes in preparation for the holidays. Staying organized and cleaning up each day will help keep you on top of your household chores. It will also make decorating simpler in a tidier home once the clutter is manageable.
Look around your house and tackle the areas that need the most attention while de-cluttering and making room for your holiday decorations. Now is the time to throw out or give away to the needy what you no longer have use for. What better time of year to help out the less fortunate than the holiday season.
Once your rooms are clean and tidy, now comes the fun part – decorating your home! The idea is to have fun and express your own style. Decorate the outside of your home with a festive wreath for your front door and some holiday lighting. Once inside make your entryway warm and inviting for your guests with some fresh greenery and holiday decorations. Freshen up your dining area by organizing with festive dishes, utensils and linens that are ready for use while entertaining. Light some scented candles of pine and holly adding warmth and holiday cheer to your home.
Call Home Services Enterprises today to assist you with all your organizing and cleaning needs 301 674-9564.
The holidays will be here soon enough and the last thing you need to worry about is cleaning your home in preparation for decorating, holiday dinners, family visiting and guests dropping by. That’s why it is a good idea to get a head start on the cleaning and organizing around the house now. There is much to be done with shopping, baking, and cooking meals during the holiday season. If your surroundings are clean, uncluttered and organized, it will be less stressful and more enjoyable for you and your family.
Making a simple checklist to follow will be helpful :
- Start early – begin cleaning early so you can separate your duties into smaller more manageable tasks. This will leave more time for longer projects such as shopping wrapping presents, cooking, baking and visiting.
- Make lists – no one can remember everything! Make lists for tasks and chores around the house or errands to be run. This will keep you on track with your schedule and avoid any last minute rushing around.
- Divide cleaning – set aside a fixed time each day to tackle a room or area to clean, like right after your morning coffee or after dinner. You will be surprised how much you can check off your list in under an hour.
- Simplify – instead of cleaning around the clutter or moving it around-throw it out instead! This is a good opportunity to declutter your rooms and donate to the needy especially during the holiday season.
- Spot cleaning – take shortcuts when cleaning certain areas when you don’t have a large block of time to do a thorough cleaning. This will tide you over till you can get to it again.
- Enlist help – dividing the chores around the house gets the entire family involved and cuts the cleaning time in half. Set aside a specific time each week, like a Saturday morning when everyone is available to help tidy up the house.
Home Services Enterprise can assist with all your cleaning and organizing needs for the upcoming holiday season. Call us today: 301-674-9564.
The busiest time of year is fast approaching and now is time to get a head start on the two rooms that get the most traffic and use in your home. With the holidays around the corner you will want to start sprucing up your kitchen which is the “heart” of every home. It is the gathering place where families connect and catch-up with each other enjoying good food and good company. Bathrooms are the “soul” of the home where we go to freshen up and groom ourselves getting ready for the day ahead.
Quick tips for sprucing up your kitchen:
- A fresh coat of paint on walls and baseboards will make your kitchen look like new again
- Purchase new throw rugs give your flooring a new look
- Clear and wipe down drawers and cabinets with cleaner
- Wipe down countertop appliances restoring shine
- Clean out and wipe down shelving in refrigerator
- Pull out your refrigerator and clean behind it
- Set your oven for a good cleaning
- Run your dishwasher with vinegar to freshen up any lingering odors
- Throw out old food and cans in pantry
Quick sanitizing tips for your Bath:
- Freshen up the walls with a new coat of paint
- Clear out drawers and replace with fresh liners
- Wipe down countertops and counters restoring shine
- Clean tile with good mildew cleaner to remove stains
- Purchase new throw rugs for flooring
- Freshen up shower with a new shower curtain
- Throw out old hygiene ad beauty products
These quick tips will sanitize and freshen up your home just in time for the busy holiday season ahead. You will be ready for family and friends knowing your home is clean and organized!
Call Home Services Enterprise today to schedule a cleaning: 301-674-9564
Are you and your family getting ready to head out on a vacation or road trip? Preparing your home for summer vacation is no easy task when there are so many things to consider. Here are some things you can do ahead of time to prepare for a happy homecoming when you return.
Tidying and organizing your home before you leave can be one less thing to take care of upon your return. The last thing you want to have happen is to return to a messy home with things out of order. It is a good idea to pick up the clutter throughout your home and straighten up each room. Freshen up the bathrooms and wash any clothing sitting in the hampers.
It is also a good idea to clean out your cabinets and fridge of any leftover food and throw out fruits and vegetables that will not keep. Be certain to empty out all the trash cans throughout the home to avoid lingering odors.
Making arrangements ahead of time for pet sitters or house sitters may well be worth the peace of mind knowing someone will be there keeping an eye out on your vacant home and taking care of your pets. Be certain to leave the number for the veterinarian just in case of emergency. They can also collect your mail, set out your trash and turn on any lights for you during the night hours.
Check on your bill due dates and pay anything that is coming due. Don’t forget to arrange for a stop delivery on mail or newspapers if you do not have a house sitter. Be certain to alert a neighbor that you will be away for a certain amount of time so they can keep a watch out for your home.
Home Services Corporation can come in and spiffy up your home while you are away so things will be fresh and clean upon your arrival! Contact us at 301-674-9564.